Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm Famous, Kind Of













I'm still a little bit jet lagged while TDY-ing it, and have been staying up much too late at night, surfing the internet in my hotel room. Tonight, I came upon a surprise when I found my name in the latest batch of WikiLeaks cables.

These are the cables that were released without redactions, and they can be searched via an online database. I was browsing the database for cables on a particular topic of interest to me, when I saw one that granted me country clearance for a visit of a few years ago.

Material for my memoirs, I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are now part of public history. Enjoy.

Kate said...

Imagine some of my (and my colleagues') surprise when *our* names turned up via Wikileaks! As Canadian diplomats, I don't think any of us quite expected that. The [diplomatic] world works in mysterious ways.

Anonymous said...

TSB: Great post! This could cause a narcolepsy epidemic at State! gwb

TSB said...

Kate,

I don't think anyone expected that they would ever see those cables on the internet. Such a massive disaster.

TSB