Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hillary's Dark Sartorial Secret

Foreign Policy's Passport blog has a piece on Hillary Clinton's dark Alinskyite past, with a link to the once-suppressed honors thesis on Saul Alinsky that she did at Wellesley College in 1969.

There is no dark secret in the thesis itself, however, since it amounts to little more than an extended book report. I thought it was a crushing bore when I read it a few years ago.

But Hillary does have a dark secret from those days. Check out the outfit she wore at a press interview around the time of her valedictory address at Wellesley:



















Those pants may have been too radical even for 1969.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TSB: I took this as a challenge because I wanted to see if I could actually read something HR wrote. Especially something she didn't want me to see. I got 40 minutes in and suddenly could read no more.
That woman belongs in the politburo...or in the movies! gwb

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2095277/From-Washington-With-Love-How-Hillary-Clinton-styling-like-Bond-villain.html

TSB said...

OMG, the slicked-back hair and Mandarin jacket were perfect for a Bond villain!

On that thesis, my first reaction to it was to wish that I had gone to an Ivy League college, too, if that's the level of work that qualifies for an honors program.

Anonymous said...

TSB: Trying to stop laughing... just a min. It reminded me of my english term paper in high school which totally stressed me out. Somehow I got a passing grade but vowed never to take english again!
gwb